July 10, 2008
‘EVENTFUL FOR IPHONE’ BRINGS WORLD’S LEADING EVENT SEARCH ENGINE TO APPLE APP STORE
LEWIS PR for Eventful
415 992 4400
San Diego, Calif., July 10, 2008 – Eventful, Inc. (eventful.com), a leading Web service for finding local events around the world, today announced the release of a native application for iPhone and iPod touch, which will be available beginning today from the new Apple App Store. The application, Eventful for iPhone, makes it easier than ever for iPhone users to find interesting things to do in their local communities and share them with their friends.
“With the rise of the mobile internet, people are looking for new, more powerful ways to plan their social lives and connect with friends while they’re on the go,” said Jordan Glazier, CEO, Eventful. “Through its vast event-search capabilities and extensive integration with the iPhone, Eventful answers that need by enabling users to find things to do and friends to do them with at any time, in any place.”
Eventful for iPhone provides access to all of the key functions of the Eventful Web site through an easy-to-use interface. Users can search for events, see what’s happening at their favorite venues, find tour schedules for their favorite performers, buy tickets for events and see what their friends are interested in doing. With the touch of a button, they can also participate in Eventful Demand, a free service that enables fans to influence the tour schedules of their favorite performers.
Eventful’s application automatically tailors search results and recommendations to the user’s location. It integrates seamlessly with the iPhone’s built-in applications, so users can view event venues on the Map application and copy events from the Eventful Calendar to the Calendar application on the iPhone, then sync with their desktop calendaring software.
The application has five navigational sections that users can access at any time:
- Search: Find events, venues, performers, or users. Toggle between your saved location or your current whereabouts to search for local events and venues.
- Featured Pages: Get instant recommendations on local events, venues, and performers based on your interests and location.
- Track: Track all the events in your watch list, see what’s on your friends’ watch lists and view an up-to-date list of all upcoming events at your favorite venues and by your favorite performers.
- Demand: Demand your favorite performers to come to your city and see which performers are most in demand throughout the world and in your location. You can also view your current list of demands and see all of the demands that your friends have joined but you haven’t (yet!).
- Profile: View and edit your Eventful profile, including your list of friends, favorite performers and favorite venues; view others’ profiles, including their favorites, comments and more.
For screenshots, a feature summary and additional information, see http://eventful.com/iphone.
About Eventful Inc. San Diego-based Eventful, Inc. operates Eventful.com, the leading events Web site, which enables its community of users to discover, promote, share and create events throughout the world. Eventful users select from more than eight million upcoming events taking place in local markets throughout the world, from concerts and sports to singles events and political rallies. Eventful’s Demand service enables users to influence where their favorite performers appear by creating viral grass-roots campaigns to “Demand” them in their town.
Posted by at July 10, 2008 09:00 AM