October 15, 2008
TICKETMASTER AND EVENTFUL ANNOUNCE STRATEGIC MARKETING PARTNERSHIP
Leading local events site helps extend Ticketmaster’s reach to fans
WEST HOLLYWOOD and SAN DIEGO, Calif. – October 15, 2008
- Ticketmaster (NASDAQ:TKTM) and Eventful, the leading service for discovering, sharing and promoting events, today announced an agreement that enables Eventful’s community of nearly 8 million users – fans of live entertainment – to gain direct access to Ticketmaster’s offerings. This partnership makes Ticketmaster and TicketsNow, a Ticketmaster company, the premier ticketing providers to the Eventful community, thereby offering fans of live entertainment the maximum selection of ticketing choices.
- In addition, Ticketmaster will have access to Eventful’s unique “Demand” service, which enables consumers to influence where their favorite performers tour.
- More than 50,000 artists use Eventful Demand to connect with their fans and determine where to appear based on local demand for events.
- Using Eventful Demand, Ticketmaster will offer its consumers the opportunity to directly request performers to visit their local market. Ticketmaster will also share the resulting data with its venue clients to help them book acts based on local demand.
- Ticketmaster and Eventful also will cooperate through a reciprocal advertising representation agreement, allowing brands to connect with young, entertainment-oriented, active consumers reaching more than 68 million online users and more than 30 million opt-in subscribers to the two companies’ email programs.
- Ticketmaster and Eventful distribute a combined volume of nearly 2 billion emails per year.
“Eventful’s users will have unparalleled access to live entertainment options through both Ticketmaster and TicketsNow,” said Greg Consiglio, Ticketmaster senior vice president, Business Development. “With this agreement, Ticketmaster will be reaching another community of on-line fans who are very interested in the best in live entertainment, whether it is music, sports, family entertainment, and more. We’re energized to be partnering with a growing, event discovery destination like Eventful.”
“We’re excited to partner with Ticketmaster to provide seamless access to their leading selection of event tickets and extend the Eventful Demand service across their audience of consumers and venue clients,” said Jordan Glazier, Eventful’s CEO. “We will help Ticketmaster reach millions of consumers seeking events and entertainment through Eventful’s online, email and mobile channels.”
Other Recent Ticketmaster and Eventful News
- YAHOO! AND TICKETMASTER TO OFFER TICKETS TO INTERNET’S LARGEST SPORTS AND ENTERTAINMENT AUDIENCE
- TICKETMASTER’S TICKETSNOW ANNOUNCES NEW “SELL YOUR TICKETS ON TICKETSNOW”
- TICKETMASTER AND RIM PARTNER TO BRING MOBILE TICKET PURCHASING TO YOUR BLACKBERRY
- Eventful Secures $10 Million in Series C Funding from Telefónica and Existing Investors
- Eventful Launches Artist Tracker, the Leading Service for Free, Instant, Concert Alerts
- Leading Location-Based Service Providers Turn to Eventful for Comprehensive Local Event Content
- ‘Eventful for iPhone’ Brings World’s Leading Event Search Engine to Apple App Store
San Diego-based Eventful, Inc. provides the leading service for discovering, sharing, promoting and creating local events throughout the world. Eventful’s community of users enjoy the world’s largest selection of local events taking place in markets across the globe, from concerts and sports to singles events and political rallies. Eventful provides multi-platform services to its users via www.eventful.com, email programs, mobile applications and content distributed through widgets and apps. Eventful’s unique Demand service empowers consumers to influence where their favorite performers appear. Over 50,000 performers use Eventful Demand to connect with their fans and determine where to tour.
As the world’s leading live entertainment ticketing and marketing company, Ticketmaster connects the world to live entertainment. Ticketmaster operates in 20 global markets, providing ticket sales, ticket resale services, marketing and distribution through www.ticketmaster.com, one of the largest e-commerce sites on the Internet; approximately 6,700 retail outlets; and 21 worldwide call centers. Established in 1976, Ticketmaster serves more than 10,000 clients worldwide across multiple event categories, providing exclusive ticketing services for leading arenas, stadiums, professional sports franchises and leagues, college sports teams, performing arts venues, museums, and theaters. In 2007, the company sold more than 141 million tickets valued at over $8.3 billion on behalf of its clients. Ticketmaster is headquartered in West Hollywood, California (NASDAQ:TKTM).
LEWIS PR for Eventful
415 992 4400
Posted by at October 15, 2008 09:00 AM